Next Generation Smile Design in 2D and 3D
Exocad DentalCAD 2.3 Matera with Smile Creator add-on module now available.
Exocad announced last February 20, 2019, that the DentalCAD 2.3 Matera release with many new and optimized features, which includes the Smile Creator add-on module. Exocad introduces next-generation esthetic planning for users of its leading dental CAD software, offering a real in-CAD smile design. Smile Creator enables easy-to-use, time-saving and predictable virtual planning of highly esthetic restorations by combining patient photos, outlines, and 3D situations. A simple 2D tool can be used to edit tooth shapes, while the 3D result is visualized in real time from different angles. Highly predictable esthetic and functional results.
Exocad’s innovative in-CAD smile design solution for predictable esthetic smile makeovers. Integrated into the renowned Exocad DentalCAD platform, Smile Creator empowers dental labs to reliably assess prosthetic feasibility even during esthetic planning – thanks to our innovative 2D/3D technology.
- Load patient photos in Exocad. These will automatically be converted to 3D objects, which can be matched to 3D scans of the teeth.
- Automatically add and edit guidelines
- Select tooth shapes from our extensive library
- Use simple 2D editing tools to edit the 3D shapes
- See the 3D result in real-time from various angles
In-CAD Smile Creator is available in standalone format or as an add-on module to Exocad’s successful DentalCAD software.
Further highlights of the new Matera release include:
• FullDenture Module now supports different types of production processes, including two-step milling, printed denture bases and monolithic printed dentures (e.g. for try-ins) Press release Page 2 of 2 exocad_PR_DentalCAD 2.3 Matera Release_ 2019_02_20
• New exoprint tool for a seamless workflow with 3D printers. Designs and associated information can be passed directly from DentalCAD to 3D printing software, using an open XML-based interface
• Implant libraries are now delivered separately from the software which greatly reduces the download package size. End users with a valid upgrade contract can download up-to-date implant libraries via https://exocad.com/integration/dentalcad-library-integration
• Improved digital pen support (including dynamic pressure) based on Windows Ink. Dedicated presets are available for a variety of WACOM devices
• Optimized support for 3D face scans, including 3D face modelling
• Increased flexibility: scene files can now be freely transferred between most OEM versions of exocad (including Amann Girrbach, Zfx, Schütz Dental, Vatech, etc.)
• Smarter implant libraries with more predefined design parameters and optimal integration with exoplan
• DentalCAD 2.3 Matera contains the “Immediate Load” feature as BETA which allows importing of implant planning data from exoplan e.g. to design a crown prior to implant placement